Tuesday, October 29, 2013

October 29, 2013 HIIT/Running

This morning got up and did a new HIIT workout that I came up with to try. I did 2 min of shadow boxing, 30 secs rest, then 1 min jump rope, with 1 min rest. Repeat 3 times. I was surprised at how descent my jump roping was. Been couple months since last jumped. Shadow boxing wears you out. I threw different combo punches that I learned in Muay Thai. Great quick routine!
After the HIIT routine, did abdominal/core strengthening. I did 20 superman's, 30 bicycles, 30 reverse bicycles, 20 flutter kicks, 15 crunchy frogs, 30 sec high plank, 30 sec low plank, 3x30 sec vacuums, and 15 pelvic tilts. Core strength is very important. It represents 60% of your back strength. Make sure to train the transverse abdominals as well as the rectus abdominis and obliques.
So instead of daily running to work, I am increasing my mileage and doing 2x during week and a Sat long run. So today I was back to distance running. I ran to work as usual but increased to 6 miles for my run into work and 6 miles to return home, total 12 miles! First 6 miles I completed in 53:48 a 8:58 mile pace. Second 6 miles was completed in 54:18 a 9:03 mile pace. It felt great to get back out running after the Ragnar Relay. 
Hope everyone had a wonderful training day.

No comments:

Post a Comment