Wednesday, October 16, 2013

October 16, 2013 training

Today I did my training a little different than I usually do. Instead of doing my workout in the AM then running to/from work, I did my entire routine in an interval training format.
Before I go into what I did today, I want people to understand that all my workouts are done outside on a playground, at the city parks, on the roads, etc. I do not belong to a gym, and do not workout in comfort of my home. I do my workouts in whatever weather Mother Nature gives me, I do adjust if weather is too severe. I am not a bodybuilder  I don't need huge muscles. I am leaner than have ever been, but my eating at times keeps me from getting ripped. I have become a runner and love OCRs. It is my belief if going to compete in these type events, then training must be done in that type manner. Welcome to my world!
Back to today's workout. The weather this afternoon was raining, wet and cool. So I knew workout would be I fun. I broke the 9 miles I normally run into 1.5 mile intervals today. After each run I gave myself 6 min to rest and perform my Tabata workout routine that have been doing past 3 weeks. So in total I completed 6 intervals of each. This routine was done in 1:54:05. My pace was under 9 min mile pace for the first 4 intervals, then was around 9:30 min mile pace last 2 runs. The running trail had some small hills in it to increase the challenge with the runs. After finished the intervals, I did 60 crunches and stretched to cool down.
Today's workout
Run 1.5 miles
Tabata routine
Repeat 6 times
60 crunches
Stretches for cool down.

Here is my Tabata routine for those that have not seen it.
Fly push ups
Rest
Pull ups
Rest
Air squats
Rest
V-push ups
Rest
Alternating lunges
Rest
Jump squats
Rest
Mountain Climbers
Rest
Burpees

The following pictures are where I workout. I really enjoy working out outside. First picture is where usually workout. Second is where I did workout today.

No comments:

Post a Comment