Friday, October 11, 2013

October 11, 2013 training

So today was my training and running day. This morning I got up and did my Tabata and abdominal/core routine. The routine was great. I did the 4 rounds again, but today did entire Tabata workout with a 24 lb weighted vest. My strength is really improving. It is awesome. Afterwards I did my core routine and was able to increase reps on the Mason twist and scissors. Stretch afterwards for flexibility.
Came back in after workout, drank my smoothie then an hour and 45 minutes later I headed off to work doing my usual 4.5 mile jog. Today I picked up the pace and completed the run in 35:08 a 7:41 mile pace.
This afternoon did not do return run. My coworker made me a birthday cake and was not going to be able to carry the cake while running home.
Overall was awesome day. Now I am a year older and my fitness level continues to improve, look forward to what this coming year of life has to offer.
Today's workout
Tabata Training 4 rounds with 24# vest
Fly push ups
Rest
Pull ups
Rest
Air squats
Rest
V-push ups
Rest
Alternating Lunges
Rest
Explosion squats
Rest
Mountain Climbers
Rest
Burpees
Rest
Rest 1 min between rounds
Finished with abdominal/core routine
50 crunches
15 scissors
15 Mason twist
45 sec plank
45 sec side plank left
45 sec side plank right
10 downward dog w/ hip ext knee to elbow, knee to forehead, knee to opposite elbow...that is 1 rep, 10 reps done each leg.
Cool down with stretches.

No comments:

Post a Comment