Wednesday, October 23, 2013

October 23, 2013 training

This morning I only did my workout. I decided not to do my normal 9 mile run, since I will be running the Ragnar Relay on Friday. I got to looking and will be doing 3 runs totaling 17.7 miles in less than 24 hr period. So thought would not run til Friday.
Today I did my Tabata routine. Not as sore today as I was on Mon. Still feeling it in places. But I did the 3 rounds of Tabata routine, followed by abdominal routine and burpees.
I am really looking to improve my back and bicep strength with this routine. The towel pull ups will help me with rope climb in next Spartan, especially since I am gripping the towel with both hand like climbing a rope. I do 2-3, then switch hand placement and go again.
Also during this 4 weeks my core strength and leg strength should improve. Pistol squats are a killer! My balance with them not great so I stand between the poles of swing set with my hands open but touching the poles to help balance.
Gonna add sprints back into my workouts starting next week and will also increase the abdominal work.
Great workout today!
Today's workout
Tabata 3 rounds
Elevator push ups
Rest
Pull ups
Rest
Alternating bicep curls
Rest
Towel pull ups
Rest
Squat concentration curls
Rest
Pistol squat left
Rest
Alt hammer curl
Rest
Pistol squat right
Rest
Rest 1 minute between rounds.
After my tabata routine I did a new abdominal routine.
Crunches 60
Russian twist 100 (50 each side)
Finished off my routine today with 30 burpees.
Stretch to cool down.

No comments:

Post a Comment