Monday, September 23, 2013

September 23, 2013 training

Today I started a new routine for next 4 weeks. It was pretty tough! I decided to change things up a little bit. Going to do some speed work/sprints for the next 4 weeks with Tabata training 3 days a week. Then I will increase my running distance on Tuesday and Thursday to/from work. Saturdays will be my long run days. Looking to build my strength and increase my VO2 along with my sprint ability so have more kick late in races.
Also looking to get leaner during this 4 week period.
Today's workout routine
Tabata Training 3 rounds
Fly push ups
Rest
Pull ups
Rest
Air squats
Rest
V-push ups
Rest
Alternating Lunges
Rest
Explosion squats
Rest
Mountain Climbers
Rest
Burpees
Rest
Rest 1 min between rounds
Then I ran 8x30 sec sprints with 60 sec recovery rest.
Finished with abdominal/core routine
30 crunches
12 scissors
12 Mason twist
30 sec plank
30 sec side plank left
30 sec side plank right
10 downward dog w/ hip ext knee to elbow, knee to forehead, knee to opposite elbow...that is 1 rep, 10 reps done each leg.
Cool down with stretches.
Hope everyone has a great Monday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment