Saturday, April 6, 2013

Oak Barrel Half Marathon

Just finished running the Oak Barrel Half Marathon. What an awesome run! Had lots of rolling hills, few steep climbs, and beautiful scenery through Lynchburg, TN. First major climb was Whiskey Hill. It started around the 3.5 mile mark with a gentle climb. Then around 4 miles got steeper and at 4.25 did a switch back and became very steep. That only lasted a .25 mile but reminded me of running the Mt Washington Rd Race. The next steep climb came around 6.5 mile mark, it was short, thank God! After that the race followed some rolling hills until mile 9. From there it was a gentle decent to around mile 12 where it became flat to finish line. We finished at the square in Lynchburg. I enjoyed the entire event. I set my PR today with a run of 1:44:49.

1 comment:

  1. Woo hoo! That is an awesome time! I hope you are proud of yourself for setting a new PR!

    ReplyDelete