Tuesday, April 30, 2013

4/30/13 Workout

What a lovely morning! Workout was great!! Calf felt better, was able to run my sprints without pain, started out little tight but that vanished.
Before I get into my workout, I have been thinking. How many people have workout partners to motivate and hold you accountable? What a gym you go to a people you see in there on a regular basis that help with motivation or accountability? Well have neither of those. I had a workout partner in last place lived, but he was not the best at always showing up. I did workout at the YMCA and staff and members there provided that motivation and accountability to some extent. Now a days I workout wherever I can. I do a lot at an outside fitness area that has pull up bars, dip bars, etc. My runs are on streets or trails. I perform all these activities alone with just the sounds of nature and near by traffic. So my motivation is from children. I am accountable to them as well, so their dad is around for long time. I am also motivated by the post and responses on both blogspot and Google+. I feel accountable to everyone on these sites to workout hard and then share the info.
Now to my workout...started with 4 min of jump ropes. Much better today. I moved out of grass and seemed to allow me to jump better. Then ran 8-30 sec sprints with 90 sec recovery. Ran 2.02 miles during this.
Then I did 2x4 min with 1 min rest between sets of my Tabata upper body routine. Then did 2x4 min with 1 min rest between sets of my Tabata leg routine. Afterwards did 2x20yds bear crawl, 2x20yds crab walk, and 4x50yds farmers walk with 5 gallon buckets of water. Stretch. Great morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment