Monday, November 19, 2012

San Francisco

On Sunday, 11/18/2012, I ran a 10.2 mile obstacle course race hosted by Men's Health. This was an amazing event and accomplishment for myself. This journey started 26 weeks ago after running a race on May 20, 2012 in North Carolina. I weighed 262 lbs and had over 50 inch waist. My diet consisted of chocolate milk and donuts after workouts and fast food 4-5 times a week. I had my picture made without a shirt on and realized while looking at the picture that my weight was getting out of control. I started by changing my eating to more lean meats with fruit and vegetables. I added some weight lifting in with my cardio 3 times a week. After less than a month I set a goal to come out to San Francisco and run in the Men's Health Urbanathlon. I changed my workouts to consist of running with several one minute exercises spaced at certain intervals throughout my runs. Most of the running took place on treadmill, allowing me more access to types of equipment needed to workout. Typical workout consisted of 3 to 4 rounds of intervals running and exercises. Every 4 weeks I changed my running duration, intensity, grade % and switched up my exercises. Majority of my exercises could be done without weights. I have lost a total of 69 lbs, weighing 193 lbs, and lost over 12 1/4 inches from my waist. I completed the Men's Health Urbanathlon on Sunday in 1:40:42 something that I would not ever have been able to accomplish with the way I was going. My journey to a more fit and healthy individual has just begun. Pictures below are a before picture on May 20, 2012 and now picture Nov 17, 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment