Saturday, November 9, 2013

November 9, 2013 update

I know have not posted anything since Tuesday. Tuesday in my last run, I realized had to rest. Knowing your body and what it needs to be competitive and reach your goals is a big assest. Over the last year and half of really training, I have learned to listen to my body. If not you can over train which can lead to injuries and prevent results. So Wednesday I rested.
Thursday I got up early and did my HIIT routine. 4 rounds of 2 minute shadow boxing, rest 30 secs, jump rope 1 minute, rest 1 minute, repeat. Workout felt great, but it was raining while worked out, so decided to rest legs one more day.
The rest seemed to pay off. Friday I got up and ran 4.5 miles to work. Kept the pace slow. Completed in 44:11, under 10 min mile pace. That afternoon was different. The run home was great. Sunny and cool beautiful day. I did the return run in 36:22. After the run I did my Tabata routine, did change from towel to a rope on the towel pull ups. Should have bought 3/4" rope, 1/2" rope requires more grip. When done with 3 rounds of the Tabata routine, I did ab workout. Finished off my routine with 20 burpees. Great workout. Felt re-energized after rest days. Then came today's workout. I really was preparing for this today. So this AM I did a 3 hour run/burpee ladder/push ups workout. I ran for the first 1:35:00 which was 10 miles. Stopped did burpee ladder (1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1) rest between burpee sets was just long enough to breathe. After I finished the burpees (total 100) I did 25 push ups. This took me right around 18 min. Then I was back off running again for the last 1:07:00. This last run I completed 6.49 miles. I had some pretty good hills to climb on this last leg, bit was feeling pretty good. The last 10 minutes was toughest. My legs were starting to feel very heavy. But I did it. Great accomplishment today! Hope all have a great Saturday! I will! Christmas Festival early part of day. Then football tonight. ROLL TIDE!!

No comments:

Post a Comment