Monday, November 11, 2013

November 11, 2013 running/training

This week I am trying to increase my miles. I am wanting to be around 55-60 miles after Sat. I plan on doing this for 2 weeks then dropping back down for 2 weeks. Going to alternate back and forth for next 2-3 months and see how I improve. So this morning I ran to work, 4.5 miles. During my run I decided to incorporate my sprints into it. I decided I would do 4x1 min sprints with 2 min recovery jog this morning and then again on return run this afternoon. This turned out to be successful for my runs. The sprints I did b/w 6:30-7:15 mile pace and recovery was at 9:30-10 min mile pace. This afternoon I did my return run 4.5 miles with the 4x1 min sprint intervals. Very pleased with this. Eight total sprints and 9 miles of running today.
When I got home from my return run, I grabbed my dumb bells, rope and gloves and walked across street to the park for Tabata workout. I did 3 rounds of this routine. I really like the routine. After the Tabata workout, I did my abdominal routine. I added another set of toes to bar, first was 12 reps, second was to failure at 6 reps. I am going to continue with this exercise. Once I finished my ab workout, I did 10 min rolling on foam roll to massage out some trigger points on my legs. My IT band is really tender and made me almost come to tears. After rolling I did 10 min of yoga poses to increase my flexibility and decrease soreness. Downward dog tears my heels and calves up. I am going to work daily on this. Overall great day! Now rest and prepare for run tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment